Bicycle Apparel Designer
Mountain Bike / BMX / Outdoor, Technical Apparel / Product Designer
Troy Lee Designs, a Leader in Motorsports and Cycling product and apparel has an immediate opening for an experienced MTB, BMX, or Outdoor Technical Apparel / Product Designer. TLD is a place where you can expand potential and push out the edges of ideas to the extreme, drive creative solutions for Athletes that ride at their limits, and do all that in a fast paced working environment that promotes vision and achievers.
- We are seeking an individual who will work well with the creative team, has a positive attitude, is familiar with quality-driven product and pays close attention to details
- Key Responsibilities will include the ability to be self-motivated and create technical apparel with strong and leading design direction
- Focus on function, innovation, and quality, while paying equal attention to the importance of textiles and fit
- Be familiar with all methods of apparel construction and have the ability to create new methods of production in order to always have the best price/product quality ratio
- This individual will have the ability to create concepts, with complete visual inspiration, directives for color stories, styles, details, and forum of discussions
- He or she shall then follow such concepts with detail drawings and all technical specifications necessary to complete the build of the projects at hand
- The ideal candidate will be able to communicate well within the product development department and liaise seamlessly with sales and marketing on collaborative efforts
- Ability to follow a product calendar and meet deadlines
- Must have knowledge of the MTB and action sports industry with at least 5 years of design experience
- Advanced knowledge of the apparel development process from inception through production, including but not limited to pattern making, grading, construction, costing, manufacturing, materials, and machinery
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong graphic design & color sense
- Strong skills on a Mac platform with Illustrator & Photoshop
- Ideal candidate must be proficient in producing complete tech packs in Illustrator format
- Willing to travel to international vendors as well as domestic & international races and events
- Able to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Must be a team player that takes direction with excellent written & oral communication skills
- Knowledge or experience in the action sports industries.
What Troy Lee Designs Offers You
- Full-time position
- Employee discounts
- Great work/life balance
- Vacation/Sick Time off
- 401(k) savings plan
- Career opportunities
- An amazing place to work!
Email resume to: email@example.com.
Troy Lee Designs provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (gender), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws.