2018 SE4 Yamaha RS1 Polyacrylite Helmet
Ratings & Reviews
by Joel Leguina
I have been looking to upgrade my helmet, going crazy looking at all the YouTube reviews. Thank you TLD for giving us a MIPS in a helmet with great price range. I now ride Blu Cru. We have zero options for gear, so great decision to partner up with Yamaha!!! Bought my helmet today, WOW really comfortable, great graphics. You're out of stock so I ran to DEL AMO motorsports in OC, had one left in my size. Lucky me!
SE4 POLYACRYLITE YAMAHA RS1 HELMET
Weighing in at 1500 grams, the new-for-2018 SE4 Polyacrylite delivers many of the top-shelf features developed for the SE4 Carbon/Composite, including MIPS safety technology to reduce internal head injury by absorbing rotational impact force. The Polyacrylite RS1’s combines sharp-looking Yamaha graphics and the SE4’s advanced features with a budget-friendly MSRP that Yamaha riders are sure to appreciate.
SE4 Polyacrylite Yamaha RS1 Helmet:
- Racing-inspired graphics featuring Yamaha’s distinctive blue and white colorway with TLD’s signature fit and finish that looks like it belongs on the factory-backed team
- Durable, lightweight Polyacrylite shell reduces cost without compromising rider safety
- MIPS (Multi-directional Impact Protection System) liner absorbs rotational force that would otherwise transfer to the brain, helping reduce the risk of concussion and internal head trauma
- Budget-friendly design still showcases MIPS (Multi-directional Impact Protection System) advanced safety enhancement, reducing transfer of rotational impact force on the brains
- Chinbar reinforced with EPP foam liner for improved durability without excess weight
- Efficient negative pressure ventilation system routes cooling airflow through 16 high-flow intake ports and six exhaust vents
- 3D contoured cheek pads offer fine-tuned anatomical fit and feature quick-release functionality to facilitate safer helmet removal by EMS responders
- Removable liners and cheek pads interchangeable for a customized refined fit from the six available standard sizes (X-Small, Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, 2X-Large)
- Exceeds certifications for DOT FMVSS 218 and ECE 22.05
PATENTED BRAIN PROTECTION SYSTEM
MIPS stands for Multi-directional Impact Protection System, it is a revolutionary technology that lets the helmet slide relative to the head, adding more protection against rotational violence to the brain caused by angled impacts.
SE4 SAFETY CERTIFICATIONS
OVERALL TEST PERFORMACE
Over 300 helmets, including every major industry brand, were destroyed in extensive third party testing performed at ACT labs in Los Angeles, California. The results speak for themselves and prove, that the TLD SE4 helmet is one of the safest motorcycle helmets ever produced.
SE4 SIZING INFORMATION
|HELMET SIZE||HAT SIZE||CM||INCHES|
|*Headliners and cheekpads can be interchanged within the same EPS size. SE4 cheekpads are interchangable through the entire size range.|
|X-SMALL||6-3/4 to 6-7/8||54 to 55||21-1/4 to 21-5/8|
|SMALL||6-7/8 to 7-7/8||55 to 56||21-5/8 to 22|
|MEDIUM||7-1/8 to 7-1/4||57 to 58||22-3/8 to 22-7/8|
|LARGE||7-1/4 to 7-3/8||58 to 59||22-7/8 to 23-1/4|
|X-LARGE||7-1/2 to 7-5/8||60 to 61||23-5/8 to 24|
|2X-LARGE||7-3/4 to 7-7/8||62 to 63||24-3/8 to 24-7/8|
|*Headliners can be interchanged within the same EPS size.|